Lic. Camilo Santostefano – Choirmaster
Choral and Orchestral Conductor
Since 2019 season he is appointed as the new conductor of the Gumpoldskirchner Spatzen and Cantilena Frauenkammerchor, both from Austria.
Argentinean acclaimed conductor, has achieved many awards worldwide conducting MusicaQuantica Voces de Cámara, as:
• Grand Prix of the Ville de Tours, Audience Award in the Chamber Choir Category, Free Expression Category, Renaissance and the Best Performance of Contemporary French Music at Florilége Vocal de Tours (2012)
• Grand Prix Ave Verum of Baden, Audience Award, 1st. Prize in Chamber Choir, Best Repertoire, Best Performance of Renaissance Music at Ave Verum International Choral Competition (2012)
• Finalists of the European Grand Prix for Choral Singing in Arezzo, Italy (2013)
• Stimulus Award from The Musical Critics Association of Argentina (2013); IFCM Ambassador at the 10th WSCM in Seoul, Korea (2014)
• many awards in choral competitions in Argentina (AAMCANT, Ansilta San Juan, CIC Trelew, etc.).
He´s the founder and main conductor of “Lírica Lado B”, an opera company with whom has premiered in Argentina several choral works in different theaters in Buenos Aires, among them:
• Don Quichotte auf der Hochzeit des Camacho. Georg Philipp Telemann
• L’isola disabitata. Franz Josef Haydn
• Utopia LTD. Arthur Sullivan
• Falstaff. Antonio Salieri
• L’arbore di Diana. Vicente Martin y Soler
• La festa del villaggio. Vicente Martin y Soler
• Il sogno di Scipione. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
• Curlew River. Benjamin Britten
With Lírica Lado B, he has achieved many awards and appreciations like “Stimulus Award 2013” and one nomination for the “Best Release 2015” for “Curlew River” by B. Britten from the Asociación Argentina de Críticos Musicales (Musical Critics Asociation Of Argentina).
Has been guest conductor of very well known choirs along the World, as the “Red de Música de Medellín” (Colombia) in 2010, National Youth Choir of Wales in 2015, Fullerton Univerity Choirs (USA) in 2018, Gumpoldskirchner Spatzen and Cantilena Frauenkammerchor (Austria) in 2018.
He has created in 2013 and conducts since then the choir of the Argentinean National University for Arts “Coro Carlos López Buchardo. He is also conductor of the choirs of the National School of Buenos Aires, most important secondary school of Argentina.
He teaches Choral Conducting in music conservatories and universities of Buenos Aires and regularly offers Masterclasses along Argentina and many other countries (USA, Colombia, Uruguay).
In 2010 he received the National Fund of Arts Award to the Best Conductor in Ansilta Choir Competition (San Juan, Argentina). In 2014, he won the First Prize for Orchestral Direction at the Maimonides University of Buenos Aires Competition.
In 2016, he was elected to participate in the International Choral Conductors Exchange Program to be held in 2017, in the USA, organized by ACDA-AAMCANT.
As composer has received in 2015 the 1st Prize at the 80th Anniversary of the Argentinean National Conservatory of Music and the 2nd Prize at Opera Vista 2009, international chamber opera composition in Houston, USA.
He was a member of the Artistic Committee for the 2016 América Cantat Festival in the Bahamas in co-production with AAMCANT-ACDA.